Galatians 5:22-23: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (NIV)
God & Me
For the first 21 days of 2018 let's focus on our relationship with God. We will be joining our foursquare family as we Pray & Fast.
Foursquare’s theme for 2018 is “Transformed by Jesus.” Throughout Scripture, we see the Spirit in every facet of God’s plan: from creation, to the cross, to the resurrection, to the birth of the church, and to advancing God’s mission. While we anticipate the day when all of creation will one day be restored, we are being renewed and transformed daily. This “present moment” transforming power in us will be used by God to transform others and the world around us, and advancing God’s mission is our target and goal for 2018.
Starting February 5th we will be going through a book we selected that focuses on our relationship with our spouse. Happy Habits for Every Couple is an easy read that will give some simple yet practical ways to focus on each other.
Roger and Kathi Lipp teamed up to help you get your marriage back on track. From roommates to lovers, from acquaintances to best friends, this 21 day tuneup will give your relationship the boost it needs to bring you closer together.
Here are just a few of the results you’ll see:
- New levels of warmth and tenderness in your relationship
- A deeper sense of security with your spouse
- A marriage filled with fun and flirting
- Practical, fun-filled ways to put love and laughter back into your marriage.
God & The World
Transformed by Jesus
21 Days of Loving Our Community and Neighbors
These 21 days are a focus on people who don’t yet have a relationship with Jesus.
- Think of 3 people who do not know Jesus and pray for their salvation. Commit to pray for them for the next 21 days.
- Pray for a friend or neighbor who is sick or injured throughout your day.
- Notice the people around you and be friendly to those you meet. Be sure to smile!
- Give a word of encouragement to three people you interact with today.
- Think of someone in a social group you interact with who you are grateful for. Pray for them and drop some type of note to them.
- Look for people in need today and pray for them.
- If you drive a car, then bless every driver who drives poorly today. If you don’t drive, then bless everyone who annoys you in some way today.
- Listen to people today. Let God highlight one of them to you and let them know you will be praying for them.
- Think of someone you will see today (school, work, neighbors, etc) and pray for them. Ask God if there is something He wants you to do for that person and then do it.
- Pray for someone and ask God for a promise for them. Then pray all day for the fulfillment of that promise for that person.
- Make or buy some cookies for a neighbor and then personally deliver them.
- Invite someone to have lunch or dinner with you or your family. Try to get it on your schedule. today
- Walk your neighborhood and pray for people that God had put you in the midst of.
- Look for someone today that you have never met and try to engage in a friendly conversation with them.
- Pray and experience God’s peace. Then at work or school try to release that peace around you.
- As you go about your day, listen to others. If you hear that someone is sick or injured. Ask them privately if you can pray for them.
- Ask someone today to share their spiritual story and listen to them.
- Pray and ask God to give you someone to interact with. When you see them ask if they have some need for you to pray for.
- Ask God to give you a word for someone. Then look through the day for the right person you sense you are to give that word to.
- Invite someone today to come to one of our Easter services.
- Reflect over the last 21 days and see what have you learned.
PDF Version: 21DAYSOFOUTREACH